Monday, February 21, 2011

My plane ride

I feel the cold of the snow on my skin but I can’t move. I am frozen. Not by temperature; it is movement that freezes me. I see these vast snowflakes twirling about my head and dancing in my vision. I see light and movement out of the corners of my eyes and the peripherals of my mind. I hear music that isn’t there and want to sway along with the beat but I am transfixed to this spot in this moment. I see the moon through a mirage of luminescent waves swerving this way and that. I see my mother in the window crying and call out to her with no voice I can summon. I see my father walking away an inability to take away a child’s pain, hating himself for it and I cry to him it’s not his pain to take, but I can’t speak. I glimpse a sibling lost and try to take their hand but it melts away leaving clarity. I have been given a moment and I must devote to it an eternity. It requires nothing more than what I am. Life requires nothing more than what we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment